Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Did You know?
- 1 in 7 women suffer from postpartum depression.
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADS) are the #1 medical complication related to childbearing.
- 15-21% of pregnant women experience moderate to severe symptoms of anxiety and panic.
- An estimated 9% of women experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following childbirth.
- PMADS can appear during pregnancy, or days or even months after childbirth and do not typically resolve without treatment.
- A mother’s mood and anxiety has a direct impact on her partner, child, and family. 1 in 10 dads become depressed in the first year of a child’s life.
Services for Maternal Mental Health
Compass Counseling and Behavioral Health cares about the health of you, your baby, and your family. Call today for more information about screening, support, and individual and family counseling for the care of perinatal depression, anxiety and mood disorders.
Finley Hospital Emergency Room: 563-589-2460
Mercy Medical Center Emergency Department: 563-589-9666
Mercy Medical Center Dyersville: 563-875-7101
Mobile Crisis Outreach/Iowa Helpline: 1-855-800-1239